Sunday, October 26, 2008

Seeking Prayer

I just wanted to write a little prayer request...which will probably turn into something longer...but that's ok. This prayer request is sort of tied into my last blog about living an extraordinary life. Part of living an extraordinary life is moving forward in faith. This means that you step forward without fear, without reservation, fully trusting in the Lord. Living an extraordinary life means escaping from your comfort zone and running into God's direction. As was said before, we weren't created to live mundane lives, we were created to live out loud. We were created to be bright, shining examples of Christ. I want that for my life and I want that for yours as well. My dream would be to see extraordinary lived out in the lives of all Christians. What a world we'd live in if that dream would come to fruition.

All that being said, I would like to present my prayer request. I have had placed in front of me an opportunity to be put on a cancellation list for a wilderness trip in the South African bush. This trip would place about twelve men in the wilderness of Africa, hiking about twenty or so miles. The purpose of this trip would be to discover the life that God wants us to live...to grow to be better Godly men. This trip would be physically, emotionally, and spiritually exhausting. When this opportunity was presented, I immediately started looking for excuses, but then I heard a voice telling me "Justin...don't find excuses...get out of that comfort zone." God stopped me in my tracks and instantly the excuses all disappeared.

I am fully prepared to step out and accept this opportunity, but I would also like to ask you all to be praying for me. Pray that I would pursue this trip not for my glory but for God's glory. Also please pray that if it's His will for me to go on this trip, that the finances would be taken care of. And finally, if all this falls into place, please pray for God to do a work in me. I want to seek Him out...not just in the mountains of Colorado or the South African bush, but at all times and in all places I may be. I want God to be glorified in my actions and in my words.

So basically to wrap this up, we ARE meant to live extraordinary lives. We are not meant to just sit back and live "boring" lives. Part of the reason we seek out our comfort zone is because its something we can control. Let me tell you this...we don't need to control our lives. God is in control. We just merely need to rest on and in Him. He will make our paths evident and help us through.

No comments: